Week 8 Reading and Writing

I've been really enjoying this class! The readings have all been super interesting, and I'm glad this class has opened me up to new stories and folktales that I would have likely not come across on my own. The writing aspect of the class has given me a fun new way to express my creativity, which is something that I feel like I haven't been able to do for a long time. All of my stories definitely have room for improvement, but with my lack of experience in creative writing, I'm quite proud of what I've been able to produce. I think something that can help me in the future, is to change my style of note-taking for the readings. Currently, I'm just noting the events of the story, but I think a better approach would be to brainstorm possible ideas for a story while I'm reading. This way I'm more prepared when I actually start writing and I'm not going in blind. 

As for the layout of my blog, I think I can try to play around with some of the features more and come up with a more unique style. Even the individual blog posts could benefit from changes in the general formatting since they've been following a pretty predictable pattern of the image being at the top or bottom of the story. I'm pretty pleased with the look of my storybook website though. I think Google Slides is pretty limited when it comes to customizing design elements, but so far I think I've managed to put together an appealing site for people to visit. 


The image I've picked comes from my storybook plan post. It's a Japanese painting of a kitsune (or fox). Kitsune are commonly featured in folktales as tricksters who can sometimes shapeshift. There is a trickster fox character in Animal Crossing that I plan on writing about for my storybook. I chose this image specifically as a reminder to myself to integrate art related to the Japanese folktales into my storybook site because it currently only features images from the video game. I think it would enhance my attempt at incorporating the ancient mythology into the game.

 

Image Info: "The Moon on Musashi Plain" by Yoshitoshi  (Wikipedia)

Comments

Popular Posts