Storybook Plan

For my storybook, I think I will stick with the main ideas I mentioned in my Topic Research blog post. I plan on writing four stories for this project that are written in the style of an anthology:

Story 1: Transporting into the world of Animal Crossing (inspired by Urashima Taro story)
This can be a shorter story that describes how the protagonist started playing the video game and got transported into the world of Animal Crossing itself. But I am not sure if I should take this meta approach or avoid mentioning that it is a game and just create a story where a character gets taken to an island.
Resources
Wikipedia page, Ozaki's Japanese Fairytales

Story 2: Tom Nook the Tanuki
Resources - Wikipedia page, Lang's Japanese Fairytales

Story 3: Luna the Tapir (or baku)
Resources - Wikipedia page, "Little Silver's Dream of Shoji" by Griffis, "The Eater of Dreams" by Hearn

Story 4: Redd the Fox (or kitsune)
Redd is a fox character in the game who is often described as a sketchy art dealer. He often tries to sell the player paintings that are fake. Kitsune in Japanese folktales are usually tricksters who can shapeshift.
Resources - Wikipedia page

Kitsune - "The Moon on Musashi Plain" by Yoshitoshi (Source: Wikipedia)

I would also like to add screenshots from the game to add to the narrative and visualization of the storytelling. This page on the Nintendo site explains the guidelines for image sharing of their games, and if I am understanding correctly, it looks like they encourage it especially if users add their own creative commentary. 




Comments

Popular Posts