Week 8 Comments and Feedback

 

  1. The feedback I have gotten from other classmates has been really useful in gauging the quality of my work. I think everybody is doing a good job of being supportive and respectful, while also sharing suggestions of how to improve the stories. One of my stories in particular (The Bonga) got a few responses that pointed out the confusing motives for some of the characters. I had the same thoughts while reading the original source material, which is why I attempted to write a story kind of making fun of the ridiculousness of the whole situation. But I may not have made that completely clear. I could have also given a little more backstory in the author's note. So from now on, when I look over the first draft of my stories, I should try to read it from the perspective of someone who hasn't read the original material. This was a good lesson and I'm grateful for those types of comments on my blogs. 
  2. I hope the feedback I have given has provided people with similar benefits. It's still difficult for me to critique other people's work for some reason though. Maybe because I'm afraid I'll hurt their feelings if I make any suggestions. But I think a good strategy that I have been using is pointing out things that I liked and encouraging them to continue doing that. I then point out things they can improve on in the future. 
  3. Receiving comments as well as commenting on other student's Intro blogs has been super fun. I like learning about the other people in this class, especially since we are not interacting face-to-face and have only been reading each other's writing. I listed a bunch of TV shows in my introduction, so it's cool seeing if other people have seen the same shows or are taking them as recommendations. 
  4. Going forward, I think I should try to give more specific feedback because I think that will be helpful for whose ever blog I'm commenting on. I think making changes to my Introduction post may be a good idea, so I can add updates. Although, very little has changed but maybe I can write more about my plans for after graduation.
  5. The image below describes how negative and positive thinking is just based on perspective. I'm notorious for being negative towards myself and it's something I definitely need to work on. It's a good reminder to stay a little more positive and have an open mind, as well as not letting failures keep you from trying anymore.
Comic by Grant Snider (Incidental Comics)






Comments

Popular Posts