Microfiction: My Dog in Quarantine

100-Word Story:

This year has been so great! She is always at home now. Maybe it's because I have been a good boy. We play together all the time. Well, not all the time. Sometimes she just sits at her chair and stares at something for hours. I can't tell what it is but it must be pretty interesting. Maybe it's a squirrel. But when she's finally done with whatever she was doing, she gives me treats and we play with my rope. We have even been going on more walks recently. What a wonderful year! I hope it's like this forever.


Haiku:

She's always at home

More walks, more food, more cuddles

Hope it stays like this


Personal photo of my dog, Mango

Author's Note: I decided to write a short story about how my dog, Mango is probably interpreting the pandemic. My job and all my classes have been completely online since last spring, so Mango has been seeing a lot of me. I imagine that many house pets are enjoying the increased quality time they have had with their owners. Since I'm on my laptop for most of the day, he is also probably wondering what I'm staring at. I wrote a shorter version of the story in a haiku format because haikus are super fun to write!



Comments

  1. Hi Deepa, I enjoyed reading your microfiction about your dog. I like how you gave the perspective of your dog during quarantine because I also imagine how it would be weird for them as it is for us. However, just as you pointed out, they probably are a lot happier about quarantine than we are. Overall, it was a great microfiction to read especially your haiku at the end.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts