Week 2 Reading Overview


Aesop's Fables as nursery rhymes (Source: Library of Congress)


Choose from CLASSICAL and/or BIBLICAL units for Weeks 3 and 4.
- Week 3: Aesop (Winter)
- Week 4: Cupid and Psyche
Choose from MIDDLE EASTERN and/or INDIAN units for Weeks 5 and 6.
- Week 5: Indian Folktales
- Week 6: Ramayana
Choose from ASIAN and/or AFRICAN units for Weeks 7 and 9. [Week 8 is review week.]
- Week 7: Lang Japanese Fairytales
- Week 9: West African Tales
Choose from NATIVE AMERICAN units for Weeks 10 and 11.
- Week 10: Great Plains
- Week 11: Hero Tales
Choose from BRITISH and/or CELTIC units for Weeks 12 and 13.
- Week 12: Alice in Wonderland
- Week 13: King Arthur
Choose from EUROPEAN units for Weeks 14 and 15.
- Week 14: Brothers Grimm (Librivox)
- Week 15: Czech

After looking through the units for each week, I think I may be most excited for the Middle Eastern/ Indian units. My family is originally from India, so I'm familiar with a few of the folklore and Hindu stories from that area but have never actually had the chance to read any of them for myself. It looks like I'm also drawn to hero stories and tales that involve mythical creatures. I think the artwork for all the units will be really interesting to see, so I'm excited to start reading! I chose an image relating to one of Aesop's stories since that will be my reading for next week.


Comments

Popular Posts