My Storybook Favorites

After browsing the student storybooks from previous semesters, I found 3 that particularly stood out for me:

The Brave Hedgehog

This was such a cute story I'm now considering getting a hedgehog! The images the author used added to the whimsical nature of the tale and I especially loved the added detail of embedding songs under each story to add to the ambiance. The idea of adding a soundtrack to our writings hadn't occurred to me, so this was great to experience. It makes me excited to work on this project, since scoring films and shows has always been fascinating to me and it will be interesting to see how that translates to written stories. 

Hedgehog (Source: Pixabay)

Lost Tales of the Avatar

I'm a huge fan of Avatar the Last Airbender so the title of this storybook immediately caught my attention. I like the concept of writing around a modern pop culture staple and it makes me think about what fantasy movies and shows I could possibly use to inspire my storytelling. I also appreciated that the author included footnotes that related plotlines from the show to readings from the class. 

Avatar world map (Source: Wikimedia)


Alexa, How do I get to Canterbury?

I read the Canterbury Tales in high school so I was intrigued to see this student's spin on an old classic. It's quite impressive to see that they wrote the entire thing like a poem, mirroring Chaucer's original style. The student also included information about their writing process in footnotes below the story which was interesting and helpful to read.


It's clear that there are many ways we can stylize and convey our writings, so looking through these storybooks has been extremely helpful in opening up the possiblities and showing how unique everyone's ideas can be.

Comments

Popular Posts