About Class Assignments

 

Homework (Source: Pixabay)

This class is structured very differently than other classes I have taken. I like the self-paced and self-graded nature of the class since it allows for the schedule to be very flexible and I can easily integrate it into the schedule of the other classes I am taking. I am excited to start the storytelling assignments because it has been a long time since I've done any kind of creative writing. As a community health major, I've mainly just been doing research papers for the past few years. After reading the storybooks from previous semesters, it seems like a really fun way to incorporate the myth/folklore we'll be reading into our own versions of the stories. I'm used to discussion forums for classes, so if I think about blogging and commenting in that sense, they are very similar and I shouldn't have to worry too much about this new medium of assignments. The extra credit opportunities are especially great for this class since it provides even more opportunity to work ahead and get more points. The Wikipedia Trails activity is particularly interesting to me because that's something I do already on a regular basis. I will search for an initial article and soon find myself many articles deep into the website, learning about obscure topics. I'm glad that we can choose to do assignments in that similar format!

Comments

Popular Posts