About Class Technology

I've mentioned this in my previous blogs, but this is my first time using Blogger. I've used WordPress when interning at the Center for Nonprofit, but it was only to add listings on the job board. So blogging in general is quite new to me. It was a nice surprise to learn that this class incorporates a lot of online resources because, in terms of storytelling, I imagine you can be more creative and make your writing more immersive in the digital space. It's also an excellent opportunity to learn how to use software and websites that may be new to you. I've used Google Sites for fun, but it'll be interesting to see how to make a storybook through that medium. This is the first time I have heard of Twine, and after seeing the examples, it looks like a cool detail to add to your stories. The "choose your own adventure" format makes the reader more engaged and opens up a lot of possibilities when writing dialogue or plot points.


Websites (Source: Pixabay)

Some of my favorite school-related browser extensions that I currently use are Grammarly, Picture-in-Picture (by Google), and Lastpass. Grammarly corrects your spelling, offers word suggestions, and can give you definitions and synonyms if you double-tap a word. The Picture-in-Picture extension is nice for me since I like watching YouTube or Netflix when I'm doing an assignment that doesn't require that much focus. Lastpass isn't necessarily school-related, but it is helpful when navigating all your accounts since you can save usernames and passwords in a secure place. It also generates strong passwords when creating new accounts.

Comments

Popular Posts